Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Time For a Quicky?

OK, I had a 13 hour day at the office today, so I’m kind of shot, but I figured I’d better post something before I lose my loyal reader.

The trip was an absolute blast. There was maritime adventure, recreational internal combustion engines everywhere you looked, and even a history lesson or two for the boy. I think the highlight for me was the look on “Uncle Steve’s” face when my 6 year old asked him what his nipple ring was for. You don’t catch Steve speechless too often.

I think I blimped out about 5 lbs on the trip, but then the antibiotic I started taking on Sunday kind of tore me up, so I’m not sure where I’m at weight wise. I’m feeling a bit better now, so I’m gonna try and hit the bike tomorrow and maybe weigh in on the 4rth.

August 3rd, an old high school friend and I are teaming up for a race.

And oh yeah, I almost forgot, The Ultegra commeth! My new crank should be here on the 5th or 6th. My first real upgrade; I'm so excited!

6 comments:

Erik W. Laursen said...

That race looks awesome.

Jafael said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jafael said...

That race does look awesome!

Who's your muddy buddy?

(Sorry for the accidental delete above.)

Johnny said...

Jeff Siena!

Anonymous said...

I was getting excited for you....until, I found out that you'd be mud wrestling a dude. Bummer! No pics please! :)

Anonymous said...

What a title, time for a quicky and then to find out you will be mud restling with a guy! John is there something we should know?
Battle-axe